Happy New Year’s everybody! I’m sure we all have resolutions for the new year, and here are some of my tips on helping you achieve and maintain your New Year’s Resolution.
Here are some tips to help you get started:
1) Make a list: List out your resolutions.
2) Prioritize: Ask yourself what do you want to achieve the most? Pick your top three.
3) Plan a schedule: Realistically plan out how long it will take you to reach those goals and the step-by-step actions required to achieve your goal.
4) Start early: Once you have all of the above completed, start gathering your resources. The earlier you start, the faster you will reach that goal!
5) Find motivation/Tell someone: If your goal is to save up for a car, motivate yourself and have pictures of the car you want and post it somewhere visible (ie. your refrigerator) as a source of motivation. Tell your friends and/or family members about it so that they can hold you accountable and keep pushing you to reach that goal!
6) Pay yourself first: Most resolutions often come with a price. Always remember to save a portion of your pay-cheque or allowance for your goal before you spend it on anything else.
7) Work towards your goal day by day: You are not expected to reach your goal within a few days – it’s an on-going process, but as long as you do something each day you will eventually get there!
8) Never give up: It’s okay to get off track as long as you know to get back on track. Self-determination is key!
Thank you for reading, I hope this was helpful to you!
Have a happy 2013!